Hagan Scholarship program is sponsored by the Hagan Scholarship Foundation (HSF).
The Hagan scholarship is aimed at helping students with financial need, graduate college debt-free. So, rush now and apply!
The Hagan Scholarship program is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship, designed to provide recipients with an opportunity to graduate from college without any debt. Here is everything you need to know about the scholarship including tips for a successful application.
Note, Hagan Scholars have attended 482 colleges and universities located in 48 states in the USA.
Description of Hagan Scholarship Program
The Hagan Scholarship program provides up to $7,500 each semester for up to 8 consecutive semesters. It also provides the following:
- workshops to learn important life skills not typically covered in the college curriculum,
- funds to purchase college essentials,
- funds to study and travel abroad,
- an HSF Schwab Brokerage Account to manage, and
- the opportunity to extend the Hagan Scholarship to obtain a graduate or profession degree.
Overview of the Scholarship Scholarship program
- HSF will determine the disbursement amount each semester by taking the Total Cost of Attendance, which includes tuition, fees, room and board, books, supplies, personal and transportation costs, and deducting the total dollar amount of ALL scholarships, awards, grants, waivers, institution provided work-study, and one-half of the recipient’s EFC. The EFC is not required to be paid; it is just used to calculate the amount of the distribution.
- The payout amount will be adjusted each semester to account for the expiration or loss of other scholarships, awards, grants, waivers, institution-provided work-study, and changes in the recipient’s EFC.
- The Hagan Scholarship program is renewable for up to seven additional consecutive semesters. However, this depends on the recipient to fulfill the scholarship criteria and mandatory workshop responsibilities. Funding of the Hagan Scholarship will stop upon graduation from college or after earning 130 credit hours, whichever one that first occurs. In such case, recipients will continue managing their HSF Schwab Account and fulfill all other scholarship criteria until their Award Year Class graduates from college. However, to receive funding after graduation or after earning 130 credit hours, recipients must apply for and be awarded a Hagan Graduate Scholarship program.
- Hagan Scholarship First year recipients receive $1,000 prior to college enrollment to purchase essential items for college not covered by the scholarship; items like computer, cell phone, clothing, beddings, and office supplies.
- Note, second year recipients will open a Personal Schwab Brokerage Account. However, after the account is opened HSF will deposit $100 in the account and provide each recipient with an HSF Schwab Brokerage Account to manage until graduation. HSF funds to be managed by each recipient will be $10,000 the second year, $15,000 the third year, and $20,000 the fourth year.
- Third-year recipients with a 3.50 CGPA are eligible for an all-expenses-paid study and travel abroad opportunity valued up to $8,000. Alternatively, the funds can be used to study abroad during the second semester.
- Recipients who will graduate college while enrolled in the Hagan Scholarship Program can apply for a Hagan Graduate Scholarship the semester before graduation, which is good for up to four further consecutive semesters of graduate school or professional school and pays up to $7,500 each semester. Moreso, the first semester after receiving their undergraduate degree, recipients must enroll in college as a full-time graduate or professional student.
- Recipients must work 240 hours per year, from January 1 until the start of the fall semester in college. Work may be completed at any point throughout this term at the discretion of the recipient. Employment must consist of regularly planned work conducted under supervision for monetary compensation.
- There is no application fee or processing fee for Hagan Scholarship application.
Important Note: Recipients of a Hagan scholarship will be selected on an objective and non-discriminatory basis, regardless of applicant’s race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, religion, or disability.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Tide Scholarships: Understanding Tide Scholarships, See How to Apply
Hagan Scholarship Program Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Hagan Scholarship, applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must attend a traditional public high school located in the USA that is governed by a school district authority.
- Applicant must have achieved a 3.50 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
- The applicant must enroll at an Eligible Four-Year College or University the first semester after high school graduation.
- Must maintain a four year or less graduation schedule in college.
- Recipient must work 240 hours from January 1, 2024 until commencement of the 2024 fall semester in college. The work can be done at recipient discretion. Work must be regularly scheduled employment performed under supervision for reward. Interestingly, most recipients work during the summer months. However, all paid employment counts, including part-time employment during this period of time.
- The applicant’s adjusted gross household income for 2022 federal income tax purposes cannot exceed $85,000. The term “household income” refers to the total income received by all members of a household who live under the same roof.8. Finalists selected in early 2024 must submit a copy of their FAFSA SAR.9. If eligible, must apply for federal and state grants.
- The intended recipient must be a high-achieving goal-driven student having substantial and reasonable financial need.
- There must be no felony convictions.
Hagan Scholarship Program Application For Academic Year in College: How to Apply
to apply for the Hagan scholarship program, follow the steps listed below:
- First, applicants must create a UN and PW to access the Scholarship Application Form.
- After creating the account, click on the application Link
- After clicking on the Application Link, then, click on New User to create your UN and PW.
- Note, 1,000 new Hagan Scholarships can be awarded for the 2024-2025 academic year in college, so you need to apply early.
- The application Deadline is December 1.
- Applicants do not need to provide FAFSA information.
Hagan Scholarship Application Deadline is December 1.
Hagan Scholarship program Application Timeline For the 2024-2025 Academic Year
- Application available September 1.
- Application Deadline December 1.
- Applications reviewed for compliance with instructions and eligibility.
- Applicants are notified of their application status.
- Finalists provide supplemental information.
- Scholarships awarded.
- All Finalists are notified of their status.
Hagan Scholarship Eligible Colleges and Universities
An eligible college or university is a four-year or higher non-profit institution in the US that is accredited by one of these accrediting organizations and has a current enrollment of 500 or more students.
Note, the Hagan Scholarship program cannot be used to attend a community college or an online institution. If you are awarded a Hagan scholarship and you plan to attend an eligible institution that is not listed in the link below, your school will be added to the list if you are awarded a scholarship.
Hagan Scholars have attended the 482 colleges and universities as list here.
Tips on how to submit a successful Hagan scholarship application
- Carefully read the entirety of the HSF website.
- Familiarize yourself with the scholarship criteria, benefits, features, and responsibilities.
- Pay particular attention to, and carefully read, the Recipient Responsibilities Link.
- Start preparing your application documents as soon as possible, do not procrastinate.
- Properly follow all the Instructions when completing the Online Form and when preparing and assembling all the documents to be submitted as PDF. Incomplete submittals and submittals not prepared in line with the Instructions will not be processed. Hence, if you are not ready to follow the provided Instructions do not waste your time applying for the Hagan scholarship.
- The Personal Essay and Four-Year Plan are very important documents. These documents will provide you with an opportunity to distinguish yourself from other high achieving applicants so pay special attention while preparing them. A well thought-out Four-Year Plan will provide a Road Map for achieving your Goals in this scholarship pursuit. However, if you need assistance, you can consult with your high school guidance counselor.
- Ensure to Provide high quality documents. PDFs, text, and images should look crisp and clear, with all pages properly sized and aligned in a portrait style. Ensure Not to use photos of documents.
- Provide a very high-quality personal photo in color, head, and shoulders only.
- Make sure to provide your Personal Email Address. DO NOT provide a school email address or parent email address. Hagan scholarship foundation communicates by email only and only with applicants and recipients to avoid miscommunication. Note that you will not be allowed to update your email address until the 2024 fall semester in college. Moreso, set your Spam settings to receive HSF emails. Do Not forward HSF emails. Note that if you forward an email from HSF and the recipient of the email “unsubscribes” from receiving HSF emails you will also be “unsubscribed” and will no longer receive HSF emails.
- Double-check your application and documents prior to submitting your application. Confirm that everything is the way you want it.
Hagan Scholarship Worth
How much is the Hagan Scholarship amount? To answer this, read below:
1. Hagan Undergraduate Scholarship: Up to $60,000 over 8 semesters.
2. Hagan Graduate Scholarship: Up to $30,000 over 4 semesters.
Other Hagan Scholarship Benefits includes:
3. Workshops to learn important life skills.
4. Hagan First Year: $1,000 to purchase essential items for college.
5. Second Year: $100 to establish a Personal Schwab Brokerage Account. $10,000 HSF Schwab Account to manage.
6. Third Year: HSF Schwab Account funds increased to $15,000. Up to $8,000 to Study/Travel abroad.
7. Fourth Year: HSF Schwab Account funds increased to $20,000.
8. Upon Graduation: Up to $10,000 in gains generated from managing the HSF Schwab Account.
For more information about Hagan Scholarship program visit the official website here.