Are you interested in Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023? Here is all you need to know about honjo scholarships including eligibility criteria, requirements, benefits, and how to apply. Study in Japan
This honjo scholarship is open to foreign students who study or plan to study in a Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree.
You can also apply for the Healthcare Scholarships program in Singapore 2023/2024: Application Requirements & Procedures
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to students studying in any academic field from any country or region around the world who have the potential to become outstanding leaders who contribute to the peaceful development of the global society. Several scholarship programs provide opportunities to study for high school and kosen students, university students, and graduate students who want to pursue higher education but are financially challenged.
You may also like: How To Find Paid Work Abroad With Accommodation In UK
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation provides full scholarships to international students for the academic year 2023-2024. This scholarship is available for masters and doctoral students. The Honjo Scholarship covers a monthly allowance, lodging costs, and travel expenses for attending an international conference.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation was established to provide scholarships to bright students who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing nations, as well as to Japanese students studying abroad, to help them learn advanced technologies and improve their good intentions.
Honjo Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters and PhD
- Study Institution(s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Study in: Japan
- Field of Study: There is no restriction on the field of research.
- Program Period: From 1 to 5 years.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2023 / October 31, 2023
- ¥210,000 per month for 1 – 2 years degree
- ¥190,000 per month for 3 years degree
- ¥160,000 per month for 4 – 5 years of degree
- Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
To be eligible for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships, applicants must meet the following:
- Required Language: English and Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world countries.
- In general, students enrolled in professional graduate schools are not eligible to apply. Students who can submit a research plan, on the other hand, are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible for the Ph.D. program, the student must have been born after August 31, 1984. Students wishing to pursue a master’s degree must have been born after August 31, 1989.
- After graduation, the student should be eager to serve in his or her home country. This does not imply that he or she will immediately return to his or her home country after graduating from university.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, as well as attend foundation-organized events and participate in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to hold a normal conversation in Japanese. The interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exceptions)
- For more information about the Honjo scholarship, download the Guidelines Here.
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
To apply for honjo scholarship in Japan, here are the application instructions and processes:
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Enter the “online application system.”
- Fill out the online application form and upload the required files and documents. Note that from 2023 Fall program, the movie in which the applicant talks about his/her research for two minutes is required.
- Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and a PDF of your application form will be generated.
- Please save the PDF file, as you will need it when the result is announced on the website.
Required Documents for Honjo Scholarship Application
- Academic transcript:i) from an undergraduate course of the university where you graduated AND ii) any other course(s) that you are currently taking or have taken in the past. However, if you transferred to the university, the transcript from the previous school is needed. Note that all the applicants must provide at least the academic transcript from the undergraduate course Photocopies are acceptable.
- Scholarship application form, a resume, and a personal information form(1 set of 3 pages); make sure to attach your photo to the application form. Download the above forms provided on the website. Then, fill them in Japanese by typing or hand-written.
- Research plan: In Japanese, describe focusing on the following four points;
- an outline of your research;
- projected schedule between now and graduation;
- plans and goals for the future;
- the research you have conducted in the past (if any). 2~4 pages are preferable. Either typed or hand-written is available.
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter must mention the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and his/her potential for the future.) Note, there is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your former academic supervisor knows about you well, you can ask him/her for a recommendation letter.
- A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission. In case the entrance examination has not been held yet, or successful candidates of the entrance examination will not have been announced before you apply for this scholarship, write down the scheduled date of the examination or announcement of the result at the bottom of the application form. If you are already enrolled in a graduate school, please provide a certificate of current enrollment. (Photocopies are acceptable.)
- For 1, 4 & 5: Please prepare those documents in Japanese OR English. If you have your documents in other languages, please attach either a Japanese OR English translation.
- Fall Scholarship: April 1– April 30 (2023)
- Spring Scholarship: September 1 – October 31 (2023)
Note: The exact dates will be announced in the application guidelines.
Application and screening schedule Dates
|April 1 – 30, 2023||Application period|
|June 30, 2023||The result of the document screening announced.|
Note: The application number of applicants moving on to the interview process will be posted on our website.
|July 2023||Interview examination|
Planned in Tokyo, or interviewed by video call.
|July 31, 2023||The Final result is announced|
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Website
To know more about Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships, please visit the official website: Official Website
FAQs About Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
What is the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation?
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships to international students who wish to study in Japan.
Who can apply for the Honjo International Scholarship?
International students who are currently enrolled or have been accepted to a graduate program in Japan can apply for the Honjo International Scholarship.
What are the eligibility criteria for the Honjo International Scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for the Honjo International Scholarship vary depending on the scholarship category. However, in general, applicants must be enrolled or accepted to a graduate program in Japan and demonstrate academic excellence, financial need, and a commitment to promoting international understanding.
How much is the Honjo International Scholarship award?
The Honjo International Scholarship award amount varies depending on the scholarship category. However, generally, the scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and airfare.
How do I apply for the Honjo International Scholarship?
Applicants must submit an application form and supporting documents to the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation by the specified deadline. The application form and requirements can be found on the foundation’s website.