We are pleased to announce that Davidson Fellows Scholarship 2023 application is now open!
Davidson Fellows Scholarship is one of the US biggest scholarships for students under 18. The Fellows Scholarship awards $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000 scholarships to its successful recipients. The categories include Math, Engineering, Science, Technology, Philosophy, Literature, etc.
What is Davidson Fellows Scholarship All About
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program that recognizes and awards students who have completed significant work in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literature, music, philosophy, or outside the box. Students must be 18 years old or younger and have completed a project that demonstrates a significant achievement in their chosen field to be eligible for the scholarship.
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship is provided by the Davidson Institute for Talent Development, a non-profit organization that assists profoundly gifted students by providing programs and resources to help them develop their talents and potential. Each Davidson Fellow receives up to $50,000 in scholarship funds, making it one of the most generous scholarships available to students.
You May Also like:
The Davidson Fellows scholarship awards $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000 in three categories to gifted STEM students. The Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to students under the age of 18 who have completed outstanding projects.
According to US News and World Report, the Davidson Scholarship is one of the top seven scholarship programs in the world.
You can apply to any field of study in STEM or the humanities. Outside of these two categories, you can apply to science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literature, music, philosophy, and other courses.
Note: Applicants can enroll in different areas of the Davidson scholarship Programs, but you can only apply for one.
Each Davidson Fellow receives a scholarship award of up to $50,000, which can be used to cover educational expenses, research costs, or other pursuits related to their field of study.
To be eligible for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To be eligible, applicants must be 18 or younger as of the application deadline.
- Be a US citizen residing in the US, or a Permanent Resident of the US residing in the US, or be stationed overseas due to active U.S. military duty.
- Applicant must be in high school at the time of application.
- Have finished a substantial piece of work in one of the submission categories.
- Two-person teams are qualified.
- Be able to demonstrate that the work was created entirely by him or her.
- Be able to attend an in-person event in Washington, D.C. in September with at least one parent or guardian.
- Applicants must complete the online application, which includes a personal statement, a detailed description of the project, letters of recommendation, and supporting materials.
How to apply for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship
Make sure you are eligible for the Davidson Fellows scholarship before applying.
- Submit the initial portion of the application as soon as possible. (The earlier you submit the initial portion of your application, the sooner your application will be approved, giving you and your nominators more time to complete nominating forms and application requirements.)
- fill out the application form on the Davidson Fellows scholarship website
- Once you have submitted the initial portion of your application, it will be held for review (1-2 business days).
- When the first part of your application is approved, you will receive an email notifying you that you can proceed with your application.
- Part two of the application requires you to enter your nominators’ information and send them their nomination forms.
- Read the SAMPLE Nominating Form (PDF) carefully so that you can select the best nominators to support your submission.
- In addition, in part two, you will enter a parent’s information and send them their parent approval form (s). PLEASE NOTE: Only one parent approval form is required. If it is a team submission, one parent form is required for each team member.
- The deadline for receipt of all application materials is February 15, 11:59 p.m. Pacific time.
- All the applicants are notified on/before July 15 each year.
- For more information, watch this video on How to Apply for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship below.
Important Notice: The Davidson Fellows Scholarship Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability.
Davidson Fellows Scholarship FAQs
Here are Frequently Asked Questions about the Davidson Fellows Scholarship program: