Link University Scholarship program Application is now open for interested students, rush and apply! Are you looking to pursue higher education but struggling to pay for it? Scholarships can be a great way to fund your education and achieve your academic goals.
And, if you’re interested in studying at Link University, Hong Kong, we have some great news for you! Link University is currently offering a variety of scholarships for students to help them cover their tuition fees.
In this post, we’ll provide an overview of the Link University Scholarship program, including the types of scholarships available, eligibility requirements, application process, and tips on how to increase your chances of being awarded a scholarship. So, whether you’re a high school student preparing to enter college or a current college student looking to continue your studies, keep reading to learn more about the Link University Scholarship application process.
Brief Overview Link University Scholarship Program Application
Link University Scholarship program is a signature youth empowerment program established in 2015. The program aims to reduce barriers to education by providing non-means-tested scholarships to outstanding local Hong Kong students who are the first in the three-generations within their families to attend universities in Hong Kong.
Since 2021, Link University Scholarship program have also accepted applications from students of three self-financing universities, in addition to those from the eight University Grants Committee-funded universities.
The 11 universities are:
- City University of Hong Kong,
- Hong Kong Baptist University,
- Hong Kong Metropolitan University,
- Hong Kong Shue Yan University,
- Lingnan University,
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
- The Education University of Hong Kong,
- The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong,
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University,
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and
- The University of Hong Kong
These scholarships are awarded based on a variety of criteria, such as academic merit, financial need, community involvement, and more.
Some of the scholarships offered by Link University that you can apply for include:
- Academic Merit Scholarship: Awarded to students with outstanding academic achievement.
- Need-Based Scholarship: Awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Community Service Scholarship: Awarded to students who have made significant contributions to their community through volunteer work and other activities.
- Athletic Scholarship: Awarded to student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional talent in their sport.
To apply for a scholarship at Link University, students must meet certain eligibility requirements and complete the scholarship application process. This typically involves submitting an application form, transcripts, essays, and other supporting materials.
Keep reading to learn more about the eligibility Requirements, how to apply, application deadline and many more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: DSTA Scholarship Program 2023/2024: Complete Application Guide
It’s important to note that the availability and eligibility criteria for scholarships may vary depending on the program and the year. So, it’s essential to check with the Link University scholarship office for the most up-to-date information on available scholarships and their application process.
Link University Scholarship Program Summary
- Number of Scholarships: 220
- Study Country: Hong Kong
- Study Level: All levels
- Course of Study: All subjects
- Scholarship Amount: HK$20,000
- Application Deadline: 2nd August
Benefits of Link University Scholarship Program
Link university scholarship program offers more than just financial support. As part of Link Scholars Alumni, scholars are invited to networking events where they have opportunities to participate in community services and on-the-job training that will broaden their university experience.
Some of the benefits of Link University Scholarship Program include:
- Financial Aid: Each recipient of Link University Scholarship Program will receive a non-means tested scholarship of HK$20,000.
- Personal Development: The program host a wide range of events and workshops to broaden scholars’ social perspectives.
- Career Opportunities: Scholars are presented with the opportunity to join summer internship and management trainee program organized by Link Scholars Alumni.
- Volunteer Services: The program organise various volunteer activities to encourage scholars to participate in community services which will in turn broaden their university experience.
Link University Scholarship Program Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a scholarship at Link University applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent for undergraduate programs, or a bachelor’s degree or equivalent for graduate programs.
- Meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Provide proof of English language proficiency through standardized tests such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Submit a complete application package, including academic transcripts, a statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation.
- Demonstrate financial need (for need-based scholarships).
- Meet any additional requirements for specific scholarships, such as having a specific academic background or being from a specific country.
- Please note that meeting these eligibility requirements does not guarantee a scholarship, as the awards are based on a competitive selection process.
How to Apply for Link University Scholarship Program
The application for Link University Scholarship 2023/2024 has started from 4 May 2023. For details on how to apply, please see to below:
Application for Link Scholarship for Year 1 University Study
The Scholarship for Year 1 University Studies is open for applications between 4 May and 30 June 2023 (before 6 p.m.). The application requires a nomination from the eligible student’s secondary school. Interested secondary schools must submit a Letter of Intent for Nomination by 11:59 p.m. on May 25, 2023.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: CAAS Scholarship Program 2023/2024: Complete Application Guidelines
Note: Student applicants must be a Secondary 6 full-time student who will be applying for university studies in the current year and is nominated by their secondary school. However, each secondary school can nominate up to two eligible students and submit the application online.
The scholarship nominee must be:
- The first-generation university student from his/her family if he/she receives a university admission offer (i.e. his/her grandparents and parents do not hold any degree from any university);
- A Secondary 6 full-time student attending a local secondary school, including government-aided and government secondary schools, aided special schools, Direct Subsidy Scheme schools or private secondary schools;
- A student (nominee) who is a candidate of HKDSE in 2023;
- A local student (e.g. holder of HKID Card (Permanent) or Permit for Proceeding to Hong Kong and Macau (One-way Permit));
- Applicant must be academically outstanding and holding a full-time undergraduate program admission offer from a local university (the proof of university admission offer is to be submitted later);
- Actively participating in community services, and
- Must be below 25 years of age (i.e. born on or after 1 September 1998);
- Interested schools must complete the Letter of Intent for Nomination, sign it, and email it to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on May 25, 2023. HKCSS will send an email with a link to the online application system and a first-time login password to the school’s contact person.
- Nominations must be submitted by 30 June 2023 (6pm) via the online application system (sch.hkcsswg.org.hk). Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants who have received a university admission offer must submit proof and participate in the first interview via an online platform.
- Shortlisted students from the first interview will be invited to the Interview Day. The Link University Scholarship Selection Panel will conduct the selection. If applicants do not receive an invitation to an interview, their applications may be considered unsuccessful. The interview will take place in November 2023, and the results will be announced in December. Awarded students and their secondary schools will be notified.
- In early August 2023, HKCSS will send the nominee a separate login and invite them to upload proof of admission offer.
Application for Link University Scholarship Program for Year 2024 University Studies
Link University Scholarship program – Application for the Link Scholarship for Year 2 to 4 University Studies is open between 4th May and 2nd August 2023 (before 6pm). The scholarship requires online self-nomination from eligible students.
Applicants must be full-time university students who will continue their full-time bachelor’s studies in Year 2/3/4 at one of Hong Kong’s universities in September 2023 and is the first undergraduate among three generations in the family. Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply online.
- The first-generation university student from his/her family (i.e. his/her grandparents and parents do not hold any university degrees) who wishes to study at one of Hong Kong’s universities and can provide one of the following:
- A recommendation letter from his/her previous secondary school’s principal or teacher, or
- A declaration issued by the HKSAR Home Affairs Department (download the template here);
- A full-time student who will continue their full-time bachelor’s degree studies at one of Hong Kong’s universities in Year 2/3/4;
- Having a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and being eligible for admission to a Hong Kong university the following year;
- A local student (for example, a holder of a HKID Card (Permanent) or a Permit for Proceeding to Hong Kong and Macau (One-way Permit);
- Aged 25 or below (born on or after September 1, 1998); and
- Participating in community service on a regular basis
Note: Students can make the declaration at any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre for free, stating that they are the first in three generations of their families to attend university.
In August, HKCSS will contact you or your relevant university to verify your most recent CGPA.
- Eligible applicants should apply online at (fgu.hkcsswg.org.hk) before 6 p.m. on August 2. Late submissions will be rejected.
- HKCSS will coordinate all successful applications and verify all submitted information.
- Shortlisted students will be invited to the interview after the first round of evaluation. If applicants do not receive an interview invitation, their applications may be considered unsuccessful.
- The interview will take place in November 2023, with the results being announced in December. Students who have been selected will be notified.
Link University Scholarship Program Selection Criteria
- Link and The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) will conduct the first round of screening and assessment based on the information and academic results provided by applicants/universities. The scholarship is not means-tested.
- Shortlisted students will be invited to an interview. They will be judged by the Link University Scholarship Selection Panel, which includes representatives from the government, business, academia, social welfare services, and Link.
- To select the awarded students, the panel will assess students’ performance (e.g. communication ability, logical thinking, achievement and commitment to social service, etc.) during the interview.