We are pleased to announce that the 2024 Equitable Excellence Scholarship application, sponsored by Equitable Foundation, is now open and will be active until December at 3:00 p.m. CST.
This year, the Equitable Foundation is putting more emphasis on acknowledging students who show ambition and a proactive spirit to make a positive impact in their school, community, or workplace.
Brief Description of the Equitable Excellence Scholarship
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship is a prestigious program aimed at recognizing and rewarding high school students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievements, leadership skills, and a commitment to community service.
This scholarship seeks to support students who have made a positive impact on their communities while excelling academically. It typically provides financial assistance to help these students pursue higher education at colleges or universities.
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship award is available to graduating high school seniors who are seeking an associate or bachelor’s degree at a college or university in the UA. Students who are willing to provide a release to publicize their identities and information about their achievements, along with photographs for use in program promotion and information, are encouraged to apply.
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship aims to empower and invest in the next generation of leaders by acknowledging their accomplishments and potential for future success. Through this scholarship, recipients receive financial assistance to further their education and fulfill their potential.
Equitable Excellence Scholarship receives backing from fresh strategic collaborations involving Equitable, Scholarship America, CommonApp, and the National College Attainment Network (NCAN). This support aims to aid students applying for scholarships who require resources for their college application journey.
The Equitable Excellence scholarship is sponsored by the Equitable Foundation, the company’s charitable-giving arm.
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship is made possible by new strategic partnerships between Equitable and Scholarship America, CommonApp, and the National College Attainment Network (NCAN) to assist students who apply for the scholarship and are looking for resources to help them with their college applications.
To be eligible for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
To apply for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a current high school senior who resides in one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico and plans to enroll full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Be willing to provide a release to publicize their identities and information about their plans or achievements, together with photographs, for use in program promotion and information.
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive to be a force for good in school, community, or work activities.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Other eligibility requirements for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship program include:
- Academic Excellence: Applicants should have a strong academic record, typically maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Leadership and Community Involvement: Candidates should demonstrate leadership qualities and active participation in community service or extracurricular activities.
- Financial Need: While not the sole determinant, financial need may be considered during the selection process.
- Enrollment in an Accredited Institution: Applicants must be planning to enroll in or already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited college or university.
APPLY ALSO FOR: Easy Ways To Secure EMA Scholarship Award: Appy Now
Recipients of the Equitable Excellence Scholarship will receive financial support to cover tuition fees, books, and other educational expenses. The scholarship aims to alleviate the financial burden of pursuing higher education and enable students to focus on their studies and personal growth.
Equitable Excellence Scholarship Awards
The authorized distribution for new Equitable Excellence Scholarship awards is up to $750,000. Up to 100 renewable awards of $5,000 each and up to 100 one-time awards of $2,500 each will be granted as follows:
- Top 100 applicants: $5,000 awards are renewable up to four years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first, based on satisfactory academic performance and continued enrollment, and
- Next 100 applicants: $2,500 one-time awards are not renewable.
- A $500 gift card will be provided to each recipient’s teacher of choice who has had an impact on them.
Note that the awards are for undergraduate study only. However, enrollment at an accredited postsecondary institution outside of the US may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected based on:
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive to be a force for good in school, community, or work activities
- Work experience
- A custom essay
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
Financial support will be required. Applicants must have financial needs.
The selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance will any officer or employee of the Equitable Foundation play a part in the selection. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
How to Apply for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship
To apply for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship, follow the steps below:
- Application Form: Complete the online application form available on the scholarship program’s official website.
- Transcripts and Recommendations: Submit academic transcripts and letters of recommendation that highlight your academic achievements and community involvement.
- Essay or Personal Statement: Write an essay or personal statement that showcases your accomplishments, goals, and how the scholarship would impact your educational journey.
- Financial Information: Provide information about your financial situation, if applicable.
To learn more and apply for the Equitable Excellence scholarship awards, visit:
Visit the scholarship’s official website Here
How to Win the Equitable Excellence Scholarship
Winning an Equitable Excellence scholarship requires a comprehensive application that stands out:
- Academic Achievements: Maintain a strong academic record that reflects your dedication to learning.
- Leadership and Community Impact: Highlight your leadership roles and the positive impact you’ve made in your community through service or extracurricular activities.
- Compelling Essay: Craft a well-written and compelling essay that demonstrates your aspirations, goals, and why you deserve the scholarship.
- Thorough Application: Ensure all application components, including transcripts and recommendations, are complete and showcase your strengths effectively.
- Financial Need (if applicable): If you have a financial need, clearly articulate how the scholarship would alleviate your financial burden and support your educational journey.
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship Program presents an opportunity for exceptional students to receive financial assistance and recognition for their achievements and contributions. By meeting the eligibility criteria, submitting a strong application, and demonstrating a commitment to academic excellence and community involvement, candidates increase their chances of winning this prestigious scholarship.