Learn everything concerning TB test for UK visa in Nigeria here: If you are from Nigeria or Benin and are visiting the UK for more than 6 months, you must be tested for tuberculosis (TB).
Your test must be performed by a Home Office-approved clinic, and you must obtain an IOM medical certificate confirming that you are TB-free. A TB test certificate from a clinic that we have not approved will not be accepted.
If you’re a Nigerian citizen planning to travel to the United Kingdom, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the necessary visa requirements. One such requirement is undergoing a Tuberculosis (TB) test, which is mandatory for certain visa categories. This post aims to guide you through the process of applying for a TB test for a UK visa in Nigeria, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free application experience.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Updated Step-by-Step Guide: How to Get Your Dubai Visa from Nigeria Hassle-Free
Although a tb test can be done in many hospitals in Nigeria, there are only four (4) UK-approved tuberculosis test centers in Nigeria. In other words, a test result from a medical center aside any of these four will NOT be recognized during your UK visa application.
However, residents of Benin have to travel to Nigeria for their TB tests as there are no UK-approved test centers in Benin.
To help you through the process, in this article, we are going to discuss how you can apply for a TB test for UK visa application in Nigeria, the approved test centers/clinics, and how much the test costs (TB test cost for UK visa in Nigeria).
First, let’s discuss where you can get your TB test done in Nigeria for your UK visa application.
UK Home Office Approved TB test for UK visa Centers in Nigeria
Abuja Office for TB test for UK visa in Nigeria
- Address: Migration Health Assessment Centre
No. 55 Hassan Musa Katsina Road (at the junction of Hassan Musa Katsina Road and J-K Gadzama Street)
- +234 (0) 09 460 58400
- +234 (0) 01 465 6600
- +234(0) 809 563 7898
- +234 (0) 0808 522 1427
- +234 (0) 0703 289 8491
Note that you can also book your TB test appointment online.
- Monday to Thursday: 8am to 5:30pm
- Friday: 8am to 12pm
However, the office is closed on national and IOM holidays.
TB test for UK visa Test fees:
- payment must be made before the medical examination in US dollars or Naira
- the fee for TB screening is 150 US dollars for people aged 11 years and above and 60 US dollars for people aged 10 years and below
- Bank: Standard Chartered Bank
- Account name: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Account number: 0001847002
- Sort code: 068080017
Lagos Office for TB test for UK visa in Nigeria
International Organization For Migration (IOM)
- Address: Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
No. 1 Isaac John Street (at the corner of Isaac John Street and Oduduwa Way)
- +234(0) 01 465 6600
- +234(0) 09 460 58400
- +234(0) 01 465 6600
- Phone numbers:
- +234(0) 8022264059
- +234(0) 09 092156079
- +234(0) 09 099991256
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 4:30pm
- Friday: 7am to 11am
Closed on national and IOM holidays.
- payment must be made prior to the medical examination in US dollars or NAIRA
- the fee for TB screening is 150 US dollars for people aged 11 years and above and 60 US dollars for people aged 10 and below
- Bank: Standard Chartered Bank
- Account name: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Account number: 0001855256
- Sort code: 068080017
Q-Life Family Clinic
- Address: Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street
Off Sinari Daranijo Street
- +234 8099742000
- +234 8113975433
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 7pm
- Saturday and public holidays: 8am to 4pm
- Sunday: closed
- the fee for TB screening is N46,500 for people aged 11 years and above and N20,000 for people aged 10 years and below
- Note: The details of payment channels will be provided when appointments for the examinations are made.
St. Nicholas Hospital
- Address: 57 Campbell Street
- +234 127 19690
- +234 80 2290 8484
- Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
- Friday: 9am to 2pm
- the fee for TB screening is N60,000 for people aged 11 years and above and N30,000 for people aged 10 years and below
- payment can be made online through the website or via the details below:
- Bank: Union Bank of Nigeria
- Account name: St. Nicholas Hospital Limited
- Account number: 0062451522
- Sort code: 032154131
The Consultants Practice
Address: 25 Raymond Njoku Street
Off Awolowo road
- the screening fee is determined by the clinic; you will pay the clinic directly for the cost of your TB test
- the cost of the test is in addition to the visa application fee
- However, the test fee does not cover treatment if you have TB
- Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank
- Account name: The Consultants Practice
- Account number: 0106679587 USD
- Sort code: 058152081
Attending the clinic for TB test for UK Visa
To schedule an appointment, please contact the above-mentioned approved clinic. You should make it clear that the test is required for a UK visa application. You can expect an appointment within a few days of submitting your request.
During the peak season for UK student visas, between June and September, you may have to wait up to ten days for an appointment. We are unable to schedule or prioritize appointments for you.
Documents Required for TB test for UK Visa in Nigeria
Here are What you should bring with you for the TB test for UK visa in Nigeria:
- proof of identification, which contains your photograph (preferably your passport)
- a photocopy of your ID
- proof of payment of the test fee
- UNHCR/MHA registration documents (if you are a refugee applicant)
- If you have had TB in the past or have any other lung disease, please provide details of your previous screening as well as, if possible, your medical notes and x-ray results.
More so, if you would like an appointment with a female clinician, please let the clinic know when you make your appointment.
However, if you need to cancel your appointment, please contact the clinic directly.
How Much is Tuberculosis Test for UK visa in Nigeria?
Tuberculosis test fee in Nigeria depends on age and clinic. See the table below to know how much each clinic charges on TB test for UK visa from Nigeria.
|Age||Q-life Family Clinic||IOM Abuja and Lagos||The Consultants Practise|
|11+||N46,500||$150*||Contact the clinic to know their fee|
|10 and below||N20,000||$60*||Contact the clinic to know their fee|
Payment for TB test for UK visa in Nigeria
Payment should be made via bank transfer to the respective bank accounts stated above. When transferring the money, please include your international passport number as a reference and bring proof of payment (transfer receipt) when reporting for medical examination. The examining center does not accept cash payments.
- The fee for the test is separate from the visa application fee.
- If you have tuberculosis, the test fee does not cover treatment.
Step-by-step procedures for TB test for UK visa
- medical examination will be processed within 3 working days. Therefore, all visa applicants must attend the clinic for the assessment with all the required documents
- the initial screening/examination will include a counselling session and signing a consent form
- Applicants aged 10 and under will be subjected to a medical examination by a physician before a certificate is issued.
- Applicants aged 11 and up will have a chest x-ray taken; the results will be reviewed by a doctor before a certificate is issued.
- additional sputum smears and cultures Medical procedures may be required in the event of abnormal chest x-ray findings, and the final results could take up to 8 weeks.
- If the examination result is free of active pulmonary TB disease, the applicant will be issued a TB clearance certificate on the day of the examination.
- If you do not return within 7 days for sputum collection, you will not be issued a TB clearance certificate.
- If the examination results are abnormal but not related to tuberculosis, you will be given additional testing or advised to contact your own health care provider.
- If you had a chest x-ray, your TB clearance certificate will expire 6 months from the date of the x-ray, or 6 months from the date of the physical examination if you did not need a chest x-ray.
- If you have had contact with a family member who has active pulmonary tuberculosis, the TB clearance certificate is valid for three months.
- Female applicants may be asked to take a pregnancy test if there is any doubt about whether they are pregnant.
- A pregnant applicant can decide not to get a chest x-ray examination and instead either give sputum for a TB test on 3 consecutive mornings or delay the TB screening until after she gives birth.
Guidelines for Applying for TB Test for UK Visa in Nigeria
The process of applying for a tb test involves choosing a center from the list of UK-approved clinics, scheduling an appointment, making payment for the test, taking the test, and collecting your test results.
How to Schedule an Appointment for Tuberculosis Test for UK Visa
When contacting the clinic of your choice, make it clear that the test is for your UK visa application. If you plan to use the Migration Health Assessment Centres, you can schedule a tuberculosis test via email or the International Organization for Migration’s website. You will be expected to:
- Select the country of departure and where you will be traveling to
- Your preferred screening center
- The preferred screening date
- provide other details required, and
- make payment to schedule an appointment. for the TB test for UK visa
However, for Q-Life Family Clinic and The Consultants Practice, you can call or send a mail to make inquiries or schedule an appointment. Don’t forget to tell them your want to do a tb test for UK visa application.
Who is Exempt from Doing a TB test for UK Visa?
Not everyone applying for a UK visa from Nigeria or Benin must do a TB test. The following categories of people are exempt from presenting a TB test result certificate when applying for UK visa from Nigeria:
- Diplomatic passport holders traveling on official business or on a posting to the UK
- People who qualify for an exempt visa
- People applying for a certificate of entitlement
Complete Process of applying for a TB test for UK visa in Nigeria
Step 1: Determine if you need a TB test
Not all visa applicants are required to undergo a TB test. The UK visa guidelines specify the countries and categories of individuals who must provide a valid TB certificate. Check the official UK government website or consult with a qualified immigration advisor to confirm if you fall into this category.
Step 2: Select an approved clinic
To undergo a TB test, you must visit an approved clinic or medical facility designated by the UK government. These clinics are authorized to conduct the required tests and provide the necessary documentation for your visa application. Consult the UK government’s list of approved clinics in Nigeria to find the nearest facility to your location.
Step 3: Schedule a TB test for UK visa appointment
Contact the chosen approved clinic to schedule an appointment for your TB test. It is advisable to book your appointment well in advance, as some clinics may have limited availability due to high demand. Be prepared to provide your personal details, passport information, and visa application reference number, if applicable.
Step 4: Attend the TB test for UK visa test appointment
On the scheduled date and time, visit the approved clinic for your TB test. The clinic’s medical professionals will administer the required tests, which typically involve a chest X-ray and/or a sputum sample. Follow their instructions carefully to ensure accurate results. During the examination, remember to carry your passport and any other relevant documents as requested by the clinic.
Step 5: Obtain your TB certificate
After the completion of your TB test, the clinic will provide you with a certificate stating your test results. If the results indicate no signs of active TB, the certificate will be issued as valid for your UK visa application. Ensure that all the necessary details, such as your name, date of birth, and test results, are correctly stated on the certificate. Any errors could lead to delays or complications during the visa application process.
Step 6: Submit your TB certificate with your visa application
Once you receive your TB certificate, include it as part of your visa application package. Follow the instructions provided by the UK visa application center on how to submit your documents. Remember to make photocopies of your TB certificate for your records and keep the original safely.
Undergoing a TB test for UK visa in Nigeria is a mandatory requirement for certain Nigerian citizens applying for a UK visa. By following this step-by-step guide, you can successfully complete the process of applying for a TB test in Nigeria. Remember to stay updated with the latest visa requirements and guidelines from the UK government to ensure a smooth visa application process.
Frequently Asked Questions About TB test for UK visa in Nigeria
Q1: Who needs to take a TB test for a UK visa in Nigeria?
A: The UK visa guidelines specify the countries and categories of individuals who must provide a valid TB certificate. Check the official UK government website or consult with a qualified immigration advisor to determine if you are required to undergo a TB test.
Q2: How can I find an approved clinic for the TB test in Nigeria?
A: The UK government provides a list of approved clinics in Nigeria for the TB test. You can find this list on their official website or consult with a qualified immigration advisor for the most up-to-date information.
Q3: How do I schedule an appointment for the TB test for UK visa?
A: Once you have identified an approved clinic, contact them directly to schedule an appointment for the TB test. Provide your personal details, passport information, and visa application reference number, if applicable, when making the appointment.
Q4: What should I bring to the TB test appointment?
A: Make sure to bring your passport and any other relevant documents as requested by the clinic. It is also advisable to carry a photocopy of your passport and any previous medical records related to TB, if available.
Q5: What tests are involved in the TB test for UK visa?
A: The TB test for a UK visa typically involves a chest X-ray and/or a sputum sample. The medical professionals at the approved clinic will guide you through the necessary procedures.
Q6: How long does it take to receive the TB certificate?
A: The time taken to receive the TB certificate may vary depending on the clinic and the test results. Generally, it takes a few days to receive the certificate after the completion of the TB test.
Q7: What should I do if my TB test for UK visa result is positive?
A: If your TB test result is positive, it means you have an active TB infection. In such cases, you will need to follow the instructions provided by the clinic for further medical evaluation and treatment.
Q8: Can I use a TB certificate from a previous test?
A: The validity of a TB certificate for a UK visa application is usually limited. It is important to check the specific requirements and validity period stated by the UK government. In most cases, a new TB test is required if the previous certificate has expired or does not meet the current guidelines.
Q9: Can I submit my TB certificate separately from my visa application?
A: It is generally recommended to include the TB certificate as part of your visa application package. Follow the instructions provided by the UK visa application center on how to submit your documents.
Q10: What happens if I do not take the required TB test for UK visa in Nigeria?
A: Failing to provide a valid TB certificate when required may result in your visa application being delayed or rejected. It is essential to comply with the TB test requirement to ensure a smooth visa application process.
Was that “TB test for UK visa in Nigeria” helpful?
Share your view in the comment box below.